Tuesday, October 5, 2010

WEEK 1: MY VOICE

Some years ago I was a fashion designer and I made custom clothing, but after doing this for 10 years I wanted another challenge.  Interior Deisgn seemed like a natural progression and a way to use my design skills in another way.  As a fashion designer, I did every aspect of the design, from pattern making to sewing.  I went to the Art Institute of Las Vegas, and received my bachelors degree in Interior Design.  


I work in residential and  healthcare design and I would like to  specialize in sustainable design.  Sustainable design to me is not only being responsible to our environment and community, but also cost effective for clients.  Sustainable design is my passion and I have worked on a team that designed a residence, office, and spa projects using the LEED guidelines that achieved at least a Gold rating.  I would like to become LEED certified in the near future and am studying for the certification examination.


My mission is to design not only aesthetically beautiful environments that fulfill the client’s needs and desires in a creative and innovative way, but that also evoke a positive emotional response when entering the space using  sustainable design principles.    I welcome the idea of always learning, that is a major part of this profession

No comments:

Post a Comment